Frequently Asked Questions
WHERE IS YOUR FACILITY LOCATED?
Point Richmond Self Storage is easily accessible and minutes from all residents of Richmond. Point Richmond Self Storage is located at 300 West Ohio Avenue in Richmond, California 94804. We are conveniently located ¼ mile from Canal Boulevard off of I-580. If you would like to speak to a member of our professional storage team, feel free to call us at (510) 478-9065 from 9:00AM to 6:00PM Monday to Saturday and 10:00AM to 4:00PM on Sunday.
From El Cerrito, CA:
- Take I-580 West from Highway 80
- After 2.9 miles, take exit 8 for Canal Boulevard
- Turn right onto Canal Boulevard
- Continue north for two blocks
- Turn right onto West Ohio Avenue
- Point Richmond Self Storage will be 1/4 mile down on the right at 300 West Ohio Avenue, Richmond, CA 94804
From San Pablo, CA:
- Take 23rd Street and Barrett Avenue South for 2.5 miles
- Continue onto 2nd Street to Ohio Avenue
- Turn right on Ohio Avenue
- Drive 1.35 miles West on Ohio Avenue
- Point Richmond Self Storage will be on your left at 300 West Ohio Avenue, Richmond, CA 94804
DO YOU SERVE MARIN COUNTY AND SAN RAFAEL, CA?
Do you need a storage solution for your Marin County home or business? Did you know that affordable and secure storage units are available in Richmond, less than 8 miles away from San Rafael, Corte Madera, Larkspur, Mill Valley, Tiburon and Greenbrae? Getting from Marin County to our facility near downtown Point Richmond couldn't be any simpler. A quick drive across the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge on Interstate 580 and you're almost there. New customers are entitled to use our free move-in truck for your new secure and affordable self-storage unit. Find us just off Richmond Parkway. We'd love to solve your secure and affordable storage needs!
From Marin County, CA:
- We are just minutes from San Rafael, Larkspur, Corte Madera, Tiburon, Mill Valley and Greenbrae
- From Highway 101-N or Highway 101-S, head East on Interstate 580 towards the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge
- Using Interstate 580-E cross the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge towards Point Richmond
- After 6 miles on Interest 580-E, take the Canal Boulevard Garrard Boulevard exit
- At bottom of exit ramp turn left onto Canal Boulevard
- Turn right onto W Ohio Avenue heading East
- Point Richmond Self Storage will be 1/4 mile down West Ohio Avenue on the right at 300 West Ohio Avenue, Richmond, CA 94804
WHAT ARE YOUR OFFICE HOURS AND ACCESS HOURS?
Point Richmond Self Storage is open Monday through Saturday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm and on Sunday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. We also offer extended facility access hours every day from 6:00 am to 9:00 pm.
DO YOU HAVE AN ON-SITE MANAGER?
We sure do! Our resident manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day business, overseeing the property and monitoring the security.
DO YOU OFFER STORAGE SUPPLIES?
Of course! We have moving and packing supplies available for sale in our front office. You’ll find common storage and packing supplies, including boxes, locks, tape, and more.
WHAT TYPE OF SECURITY FEATURES DOES YOUR FACILITY OFFER?
Our facility offers several state-of-the-art security features including electronic gated access requiring a unique access code for each customer, individually alarmed storage units, LED lighting, surveillance cameras and professional on-site management.
DO YOU OFFER ANY PROMOTIONS OR SPECIALS?
We run specials and promotions for certain unit sizes throughout the year including military and senior citizen discounts. If you’re interested in any of our current specials or promotional unit pricing, please call our office today.
CAN I PAY MY BILLS ONLINE?
Absolutely! In fact, we recommend this option as it's the most convenient for you. Simply access the internet from your home or business and pay your bills when and where it's convenient for you.
WHICH STORAGE UNIT SHOULD I CHOOSE?
Use our online size guide to determine the properly sized storage unit to meet your needs. Need some advice on the best way to pack your fragile items, priceless family keepsakes, clothing, dishes, or just about anything else? Packing for self-storage can be a daunting task, and you certainly want to be informed on the best way to pack your belongings to avoid damages that can happen during the moving and storage process. Our self storage tips can help.
The categorized tips you’ll find on this page cover a broad range of storage topics. You’re bound to find something useful here. Browse our video size guides and let us know if you have any questions!
IS YOUR FACILITY ECO-FRIENDLY?
With our solar electric system, our facility is clean and green generating all of our own energy. With units ranging from 5' x 5' all the way up to 10' x 32', we're bound to have the right clean green storage unit for you.
WHAT’S A FREE MOVE-IN TRUCK?
Our free move-in truck is available to new customers transporting their belongings to Point Richmond Self Storage. Please contact us for more information.
WHAT IF I NEED TO REPACK MY STORAGE? DO YOU SELL MOVING AND PACKING SUPPLIES?
We do! Boxes, tape, bubble wrap and other supplies are available to purchase onsite during office hours.
GREAT! SO HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Why not try our online storage size guide or browse our storage tips? From there, please feel free to call us or use our online form and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for considering Point Richmond Self Storage.